Brothersoft Editor: Key Features:
resumes broken downloads, checking date and size.
* iGetter supports Segmented (Accelerated) downloading. This basic feature of iGetter can greatly improve the speed of your downloads.
* iGetter supports HTTP and FTP protocols as well as HTTPS and FTP over SSL implicitly and explicitly.
* iGetter integrates with the FileAvenue.net web service. This feature allows the latest and most popular files of the FileAvenue.net downloads library to appear directly in iGetter.
* iGetter supports searching of file mirrors for additional acceleration of downloads.
* iGetter includes a Site Explorer that allows exploration of entire web or FTP sites, so you can easily find and download files you're interested in. When the Site Explorer is used iGetter displays the web Contents
rendered in a separate view below the site tree. This makes the process of exploration very convenient as you see the web page directly in iGetter as you would with a web browser. When you reach the file or files you're interested in downloading, you can easily add them to the iGetter queue. To use the web content view feature with the Mac version you must install Safari 1.0 or later.
* iGetter includes a Site Manager that allows limitation of the overall number of connections for particular servers.
* iGetter analyzes every server response to prevent from Damage
to your file downloads.
* iGetter integrates with Internet Explorer, Firefox
(Win), Safari (Mac), Camino 1.x (Mac), and iCab
(Mac) via a contextual menu for hyperlinks.
* iGetter integrates with Safari (Mac), Camino (Mac), OmniWeb (Mac), Internet Explorer (Mac/Win), Firefox (Mac/Win), Netscape (Mac/Win), SeaMonkey/Mozilla (Mac/Win) and Opera (Win), by monitoring clicks of hyperlinks.
* iGetter supports the drag and drop technology and with its Target Icon you can easily download any dragable link or file with Internet location.