Edit By BS Editor: The Activator is a very powerful tool for triggering scripts across the network, even over the Internet!
List of featuresTroi Activator
Plug-in has the following features:
* trigger a FileMaker script on a different computer
* uses TCP/IP so you can trigger a FileMaker script over the Internet
* built-in security ID to prevent unauthorized triggering
the IP address of your computer, so others can send messages to you
* send a message and/or a number (e.g. a record ID) with the trigger
* start and stop listening for remote trigger messages
* trigger a script on a specified date and time
* schedule up to 1000 trigger Events
which trigger any script you want
* selectively delete events or delete all events
* validate fields on exiting a record with a custom script suited to your specific needs
* run a script from any FileMaker calculation, for example a tooltip.
* trigger a script from a tooltip calculation.
* NEW: list all events and event data including future and triggered events
* trigger a FileMaker script in the background on a runtime
* put the computer to sleep till it needs to be activated Again
* built-in registration function
* extensive plug-in version function can return version string, version number and even show the plug-in's flash dialog from a script
a real-time Appointment
* notify a colleague (on a different computer) that a shared document is ready
* start processing scientific data on a lab computer (see our Serial plug-in for connecting to serial devices)
* get someone out of a record, so that it is no longer locked
* schedule processing incoming email and put the computer to sleep the rest of the time, saving energy
The possibilities are only limited by your imagination!