BSEditor: VMware Fusion breaks down the walls between Windows and Mac OS X, transforming Windows applications to work seamlessly like Mac OS X-native applications.
Mac and Windows unite with VMware Fusion’s powerful “Unity” view. Run Windows applications like Mac applications, quickly switching between Mac and Windows applications, minimizing Windows applications to your Dock, and even store Windows applications in your Dock to launch at a moment’s notice.
- Data Sharing
Share data back and forth between your Windows and Mac with ease. Drag and drop files from your Mac to Windows, and back. Copy and paste styled text from Mac apps into Windows apps, and vice versa. Access all your Mac files, straight from any Windows application.
- Application Sharing
VMware Fusion Application Sharing lets you have the best of both worlds by setting your favorite applications—whether Windows or Mac—to run any file.VMware Fusion 2.0.5
is a maintenance release of VMware Fusion 2. It is a free upgrade for all VMware Fusion 1 and VMware Fusion 2 customers, and provides the following enhancements:
* Supports Mac OS X Server guest operating systems on Macs with Intel Xeon 5500 and 3500 Series processors (based on Nehalem micro-architecture)
* Provides experimental support for Mac OS X 10.6 Snow
Leopard Server as a guest operating system (32-bit only)
* Provides experimental support for Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard as a host operating system (32-bit only)
* Supports Ubuntu 9.04 as a guest operating system, including features such as VMware Tools pre-built modules and Easy Install
* Reduces CPU usage when a virtual machine is Idle
under VMware Fusion
* Contains fixes for more than 80 bugs
Note: 3D acceleration is disabled on systems with ATI chipsets. For more information, see the Known Issues section below.